Tuesday, September 13, 2011

oh the beauty of a day overcast

the storms, the rain (and hail here on the south side), and the clouds have taken Tucson's overbearing triple-digit temperatures down into the 80's and 90's during the day.

how wonderful it has been...

and with that I REJOICE!  And have turned off the air conditioning!  It has been absolutely lovely to sit in a quiet house (even though most of the time I'm home I'm sleeping because I'm never here)...to feel the breeze coming through the windows, and to know that the electric bill will be significantly lower  :)

I'm typing this by candlelight, and while I don't want to return to the pre-electricity days, the lack of the running air conditioner and an open window bring a part of my soul and self to life that I always miss until fall returns.  I have always loved this time of year...and the candlelight makes me long for simplicity.  I know my life will never be simple, though I'm convicted to remember it's a choice...and to choose better tomorrow.

No comments:

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

oh the beauty of a day overcast

the storms, the rain (and hail here on the south side), and the clouds have taken Tucson's overbearing triple-digit temperatures down into the 80's and 90's during the day.

how wonderful it has been...

and with that I REJOICE!  And have turned off the air conditioning!  It has been absolutely lovely to sit in a quiet house (even though most of the time I'm home I'm sleeping because I'm never here)...to feel the breeze coming through the windows, and to know that the electric bill will be significantly lower  :)

I'm typing this by candlelight, and while I don't want to return to the pre-electricity days, the lack of the running air conditioner and an open window bring a part of my soul and self to life that I always miss until fall returns.  I have always loved this time of year...and the candlelight makes me long for simplicity.  I know my life will never be simple, though I'm convicted to remember it's a choice...and to choose better tomorrow.

No comments: