Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feliz cumpleanos a mi

Today was my 26th birthday.  It's hard to believe! And as friends were busy, I watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Jane Austen's Persuasion (thanks Gilchrist's for the bday DVD!), and practiced my calligraphy re-writing one of the most epic and beautiful fake letters ever written - Captain Wentworth's letter to Miss Anne Eliot at the end of the novel.  I didn't have a pen or brush I actually liked, but ended up using my old sumi ink (for Japanese/Chinese calligraphy painting) and brushes.  It kind of worked, but was very exhausting for my hand to control...you guys have any other ideas?  I want to write fairly big...maybe just paint?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feliz cumpleanos a mi

Today was my 26th birthday.  It's hard to believe! And as friends were busy, I watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Jane Austen's Persuasion (thanks Gilchrist's for the bday DVD!), and practiced my calligraphy re-writing one of the most epic and beautiful fake letters ever written - Captain Wentworth's letter to Miss Anne Eliot at the end of the novel.  I didn't have a pen or brush I actually liked, but ended up using my old sumi ink (for Japanese/Chinese calligraphy painting) and brushes.  It kind of worked, but was very exhausting for my hand to control...you guys have any other ideas?  I want to write fairly big...maybe just paint?

No comments: